(urth) AEG: Bill's wives

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Tue Sep 29 08:07:34 PDT 2009

Roy C. Lackey wrote:
> Judging from Klauser's picture, Bill Reis had a wife but no children by her
> when he first went to Woldercan as ambassador. He was ambassador for eight
> years. In the year he met Cassie, he seems to have been back on Earth for
> something more than two years; call it three. Rian was then sixteen. That
> would make Rian about five when Bill became ambassador, eleven years
> earlier.

This theory keeps the best of the Cassie/Pavlatos connection without the
extra complications of time-travel to get Rian's age right. I think it's
good as far as it goes (I still want the Cassie/Margaret connection).

Does Pavlatos alone account for the reality-warping around Cassie
(addresses, changes in what she remembers)? Or are there more
time-travelers to worry about? Bill's travels in time are pretty well
established (he couldn't have put together a play to trap her without
more time). Is reality warping to keep things on track, the "If I don't
send mine, his will have to be accounted for in some other way and it's
liable to get complicated" of a universe that fights back against paradoxes?