(urth) Silk for calde blog: Wolfe thesis

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 17:04:41 PDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Seems like a worthwhile thesis, although I wonder whether those 2
> priest archetypes are quite so universal - such a categorization would
> have difficulty with Frank Herbert, I think.

... and Arthur Clarke ("The Star") ... and Dan Simmons (Hyperion) ... and
Mary Doria Russell (The Sparrow) ... and Peter F. Hamilton (the Night's Dawn
trilogy) ... and Walter M. Miller (A Canticle for Leibowitz) ... and Tony
Boucher ("The Quest for St. Aquin") ... and ...

The makings of at least one excellent doctoral thesis lies in the image of
the (Catholic) priest in SF. However, this person's thesis ain't it.

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes