(urth) Cassie as the Ambassador's wife

Adam Thornton adam at io.com
Thu Sep 17 04:13:40 PDT 2009

On Sep 17, 2009, at 3:28 AM, Mo Holkar / UKG wrote:

> This means, though, that she would have to court and marry Bill as
> haggard old Cassie -- she has had no opportunity to restore her
> looks inbetween? Unless you postulate there are also Woldercan
> resources for doing that.

*THAT* part is easy.  That'd be "fey glamour," and it'd be basically
what Gideon Chase (who, in my opinion, is a Woldercan changeling)
does.  I think we have much firmer evidence of this than we do of
manipulable time travel.

Note also that THIS would make some sense of that last weird
conversation Cassie has with the former ambassador: he warns her about
taking a sanitary napkin.

That made me go WTF for a while, but: what do the fey want from
humans?  What can Cassie trade them?  Her womb, so they can beget more
changelings, so it is in fact vital that she still be fertile.

In fact, if we want to throw in a time loop, then Cassie can be
Gideon's mother.  How you like THEM apples?

Adam