(urth) Wolfe at Dragon*Con (AEG)

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 06:30:49 PDT 2009

> the man who became the wolf was a
> big man.
[snip]
>That's why it
> matters that Reis was a big man and Gid was not, and Gid was a leg shy of
> his normal weight.

Making yourself look bigger and making yourself smaller are not the same
problem.  Nor is glamour the same as shape-shifting.  I don't see how this
is going to be key to determining whether someone had supplanted Reis.

>> You are freely conclusion jumping. I don't see how you found your way to
>> be so emphatically sure about all this based on what you have offered
>> here.

> *I* jump to conclusions??

You do it as much as anyone (including me) when attempting to explain a
discrepancy...in other words, when it suits you. But let's give jumping to
conclusions its due. It's better than ad hominem responses.

>> Look, Roy, Reis and Cassie were about to be married. But Bill Reis --who
>> loved Cassie as much for the way she adorned himself as anything else--
>> could not arrange to have either his oldest friend there nor his own son
> to watch the big event.
>
> Huh? Where did you get that idea? Reis told Cassie that he wanted Rian
> there
> (p-276-77). Klauser received a wedding invitation (295), but was too ill
> attend (278).

Yes. He SAID he wanted Rian there. He SAID he wanted his life-long best
friend there. But this man with all his money and power couldn't arrange to
have the ceremony when and where those close to him could attend?

>> He was practically eloping with her. Does that seem
>> likely? Why would he do that? The whole thing stinks.
>
> Cassie is the one who wanted a simple ceremony (275).

But they weren't going to have one were they?

> Even so, it was to be
> held on the grounds of the New Zealand consulate (278), with her friends
> flown in and "hundreds" of islanders in attendance (276).

Yes. HER friends and hundreds of islanders.
Even with page number references, this is averting my point. I have never
said there is a problem with CASSIE'S behavior regarding the wedding. MY
goal is not to out-maneuver a debate-opponent. I'm merely pointing out
things that seemed off to me about the end. Some of which you have pointed
out yourself as I said in my last response.

J.