(urth) Cassie as the Ambassador's wife

Mo Holkar / UKG lists at ukg.co.uk
Thu Sep 17 00:28:37 PDT 2009

At 02:30 17/09/2009, Davewrote:
>My reconstruction of the time travel would go more like this:
>1) Cassie's original 20+ hop trip to Woldercan involved no
>time-travel. She met with Gideon Chase, as planned, but learned
>there was no way to restore her mojo. (She might shoot him at this point).
>2) Using Woldercan resources (talking fish, Woldercan natives, etc.)
>she finds out how to do time travel. She takes big hopper with lots
>of fuel and uses it to go into the past, to Earth.
>3) The time is before the appointment of Bill Reis as ambassador.
>She finds a way to court and marry Bill. Tricky, but she knows a lot
>about him and what he likes.

This means, though, that she would have to court and marry Bill as
haggard old Cassie -- she has had no opportunity to restore her looks
inbetween? Unless you postulate there are also Woldercan resources
for doing that.

Not necessarily impossible that he might still fall for her, but it
seems to go against what we know of his showoffy nature.

best wishes,

Mo

# ~ # ~ #

WolfeWiki -- a wiki about Gene Wolfe