(urth) Wolfe at Dragon*Con (AEG)

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 07:35:56 PDT 2009

>> Isn't it possible that "going to Woldercan to find Reis"
>> wasn't meant to be taken literally? It seems pretty easy to
>> read that as Cassie was going to Woldercan to find love.

Umm...well, anything is possible, but it would be a pretty vague metaphor in
any case. And it would be especially obscure in this case because "love" was
not the point of the panel or Wolfe's statement and since he seemed to be
presuming that most of the audience had not read AEG. In every other point
in this particular discourse, he summarized AEG flatly, without poetic
flourish. I failed to detect any poetic flourish in any of his statements on
the panels I sat in on.

J.