(urth) The Guild's Revolutionary

David Duffy David.Duffy at qimr.edu.au
Mon Nov 23 19:15:49 PST 2009

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009, James Wynn wrote:

> not much supporting it beyond Utlan's blindness. Borges is a great writer,
> but other than "The Book of Imaginary Beings" which cites the Baldanders, I
> haven't noted much influence from him. Of course, that might be due to a
> deficiency in my Borges knowledge.

Father Inire echoes "The Book of Imaginary Beings" section
on fauna of mirrors.

Borges has:
"the Fish was a shifting and shining creature that nobody had
ever caught but that many said they had glimpsed in the depths of
mirrors...The first to awaken will be the Fish. Deep in the mirror we
will perceive a very faint line and the color of this line will be like
no other color."

David Duffy.