(urth) The Guild's Revolutionary

Mo Holkar / UKG lists at ukg.co.uk
Mon Nov 23 02:46:33 PST 2009

At 02:26 22/11/2009, you wrote:
>It strikes me that we could probably learn a lot if there were some
>way to get everything in Wolfe that seems obvious to some reader and
>pile all of those together in one place.  For instance, I was all
>aboard the "Nessus is Buenos Aires" train when I read _BotNS_ first
>at 13 or 14, because I was also in the throes of a Borges phase and
>Master Ultan was obviously, clearly, no question about it,
>Borges.  Same with "Baldanders."
>
>Later I found out this might be controversial.
>
>I strongly suspect if we actually put everything together that each
>reader had always said "Well, DUH, I didn't mention it because I
>thought everyone knew it already," then we'd actually discover a lot of stuff.

Someone (Dan'l?) a while ago started a plot summary of BotNS on the
Wolfe Wiki -- that might be a good place to accumulate such
references. At the moment it just has a para for each chapter, but it
would make sense to either link those through to a more detailed
page, or add such material to this page:
http://www.wolfewiki.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=TheShadowOfTheTorturer.DetailedSummary

best wishes,

Mo

# ~ # ~ #