(urth) Plausibility

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Thu Nov 12 10:23:11 PST 2009

True, but I was more struck by Able's rather flat interpretation of his universe---where is he, WHEN is he, the sequence of events that make up the plot---than his interpretation of his feelings. That's what I found hard to follow.

At any rate, while Severian does have those advantages (he is Autarch, as I said), Able does very well for himself despite, I think, lacking a strong analytical component to his personality, or a desire to understand or explain (or excuse).

Message: 5