(urth) Wolfe @ WindyCon

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 06:26:31 PST 2009

WindyCon starts tomorrow. The following are the panels Gene Wolfe is
supposed to participate on. If anyone is going, I'm particularly
interested in what is said at the Friday 5pm panel.

Friday 5pm Appointment With the End of the World
2012, the end of the world according to the Mayan calendar, is fast
approaching.  Will it really end this time?  What fascinates us with
predictions of the end and what do they really mean?  Our panelists
discuss apocalypses of various types.
L. Godfrey, E. Maksym, B. Thomasson, G. Wolfe

Saturday 4pm Dystopia Begone
Does the future have to be so grim?  Is our future really overcrowded,
polluted and unequal?  What books are interesting, good to read, and
have a positive view of the near future?  Or is there a positive view?
 Our panelists discuss the world of the next 100 years.
E.E. Knight, J. Plaxco, M.Z. Williamson, G. Wolfe

Sunday 11am Court of the Crimson Kings
Good old adventure SF. Space opera, exotic alien cultures.  What else
is out there like this?  Was John Carter the last romantic hero?  Come
and find out.
L. Darrow, R. Horton, F. Pohl, P. Sayre McCoy, G. Wolfe