(urth) The spiny orange - we used to throw the fruit at each other as kids and call them stink bombs.

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Tue Nov 3 16:40:33 PST 2009

I didn't know that. I am actually a very ignorant person.

I would have to modify my statement in light of that knowledge. I have no
doubt that you are correct when you say this,

Some plants that have male and female flowers on seperate stems seem to be
ancient cultivers. These plants tend to be useful for food, drugs, as
material for making tools etc. Good examples include cannabis and osage
orange.

I have to say that while this makes sense to me, I don't expect it to make
sense to everybody. I have some ideas about history and deep history that
are seriously at variance with the versions generally accepted these days,
though (coincidentally or not) they are basically the same as Gene Wolfe's
views on the same subjects. I do not know whether he agrees with my
opinion expressed above: I hope to ask him some time. I suspect that he
does or would.

.