(urth) Fw: Re: (no subject)

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Wed May 20 14:58:30 PDT 2009

>No one's gonna back me?? Don't we all rush out and buy a first edition
>of GW's new books instead of downloading an illegal copy???

You can download copies of Wolfe's books? I wish I had those.

But doesn't Wolfe get paid a % of every book you buy?

And if not enough people buy the DVDs doesn't that eventually mean the
actors won't be able to negotiate higher up-front pay in the future? Doesn't
the whole system of paying Ron Moore money up-front come from the
expectation that people will buy the DVDs rather than watch  burned copies?

Look, I think the RIAA goes a bit crazy over enforcing copyrights...trying
to get coffee houses to pay every time somebody sings someone else's song.
Still...what's good for the goose and all that.

J.