(urth) (no subject)

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Wed May 20 10:21:22 PDT 2009

Jeff Wilson writes:

>> How many children did Rousseau abandon? What was his justification for
>> that again? How could anyone take such a moral criminal seriously?

Rousseau sent his infant children to an orphanage and did not check up on
them. The death rate in 18th century French orphanages approached 100%.

> Absolutely. Buddha,

Left his children in the care of his royally wealthy wife and parents.

>                     Ben Franklin,

Acknowledged and supported one legitimate child, and raised two others
with his partner of many years (they never married).

>                                   Grover Cleveland,

This is an interesting one. Grover, famously, acknowledged having an
illegitimate child during the presidential race. What actually happened
was this: he and his law partner, Oscar Folsom, were hanging out with the
same lady, who was a widow. She got pregnant. Oscar was married: Grover
wasn't, so Grover 'did the right thing'. She named the child Oscar Folsom
Cleveland. Many people have speculated that the child was actually
Oscar's.

>                                                      not a one of them
> worth listening to.

Sorry, I don't think any of these are examples bolster your argument.

.