(urth) Urth Digest, Vol 57, Issue 31

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Tue May 19 17:05:17 PDT 2009

> I take it, then, that although you believe that war can be justified, you
> don't believe that the American Civil War (from the Yankee side, anyway)
> was such an instance.

I don't know if saying that 'war is sometimes necessary' is the same thing
as saying that 'war can be justified'.

It would take a page and a half for me to explain my views on the 1860's
conflict.

> Is that fair?

Lincoln's idea was, let's have one war now instead of a war every thirty
to fifty years forever. That's pretty sensible.

My position is that it is that people should be secure in the possession
of their property, and if you are going to change the definition of
property you need to compensate those who will lose by it.

> I am probably not far from some of your views, but you don't do yourself
> much of a favor by taking such out-of-the-mainstream positions and
> defending them so aggressively.

Everyone's got to have a hobby.

If too many people start agreeing with me I have to stop and look
carefully at myself to see what I am doing wrong.

.