(urth) Gene Wolfe Fans Talk Politics (Again)

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue May 19 14:04:15 PDT 2009

>Adam sez:
>It is my choice to go live somewhere else without
>these restrictions,  if I like. Like Mogadishu.

>Dan'l sez:
>If you don't like it, strongly enough, you are encouraged
>to go live in Somalia.

I'm not sure where some people got the idea that Somalia was founded as a
Libertarian/Liberal society, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't.

If the rich take your offer and go to a tax-haven state, then your "full-on
social-services safety-net state" collapse or see a drastic decrease in
services. You will also find it hard to get the load-bearing citizens back.
Actually, it probably won't matter because you'll probably leave as well for
places with more opportunity.

J.