(urth) The Original Devil in a Forest (non-political)

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue May 19 13:55:33 PDT 2009

> It may be written for teens, but from the discussion here, I need to go
> back and read it again.  It seems to have many layers.  I must have missed
> 90% of the meaning.
> Jack

I recommend you take the opportunity to refresh you memory of the Robin Hood
ballads and stories. The abbe' is Friar Tuck. Joselyn is Maid Marian. Mother
Cloot the evil prioress who bled Robin Hood to death. I don't mean there is
a one-to-one connection, of course. Wolfe twisted them all around the way he
does. But the old narratives are there.

J.