(urth) Gene Wolfe Fans Talk Politics (Again)

Daniel D Jones ddjones at riddlemaster.org
Wed May 20 04:32:11 PDT 2009

On Tuesday 19 May 2009 21:24:44 David Stockhoff wrote:
> Sorry, when did I say the American Civil War was justified? It was not.
> See, I've read up on it a bit.

You seem to be implying that the current government is one which rules "with
the consent of the governed."  I was pointing out that it was, in fact, no
such thing.

> BTW, in my last post, I meant to add a ";)" after I called you a wingnut.
>
> You're still a wingnut, but I don't mean it in a nasty way. ;)

Trust me, I've been called much worse than that and in a quite nasty way.  I
don't take offense easily.  I do think it's sad, however, that simply
believing in the freedom of the individual is so far from mainstream thought
that it gets me called a "wingnut."