(urth) Gene Wolfe Fans Talk Politics (Again)

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Tue May 19 15:08:42 PDT 2009

Of course you have.

------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 17:44:27 -0400 (EDT)
From: brunians at brunians.org
Subject: Re: (urth) Gene Wolfe Fans Talk Politics (Again)

> > Somalia's economy is not "based on" piracy. It was based on fishing and
> > herding before global shipping killed all the fish.

The fishing went away because Somalia, lacking a government, lacks a Coast
Gaurd (see my post about necessary things which may be paid for by
taxation) and therefore every industrial fishing boat in the world went
there to glom on their fish.

I think that bits of herding still go on.

Somalia has been a pit for centuries. How did the Italians do running it?
I've been in favor of giving large chunks of Africa back to the colonial
powers for some time now.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 090519-0, 05/19/2009
Tested on: 5/19/2009 6:08:44 PM