(urth) AEG - Wally as angel = Inhumi?

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Fri May 8 08:08:05 PDT 2009

> stephenhoy at yahoo.com wrote:
>>During the banshee banter, Cassie remarks that she'll be "going
>>out with it" (p64). This identifies Wally Rosenquist as one of
>> the 'sidh'. From various sources, we learn the sidh were widely
>>perceived as fallen angels. The common folk referred to sidh
>>euphemistically as Gray Neighbors, Good Neighbors, and other
> innocuous names designed to avoid provoking these entities.
>>To reinforce this idea, note that Rosenquist as theatrical
>>money-man is repeatedly called an angel:
>>"I've got this angel" p55
>>"India's got an angel" p60
>>"How long has India had this angel?" p61
>>From behind Ebony, Tabbi murmured, "I thought she was bringing
>>the angel." p62
>>"Let's have a real standing 'O' for a real angel--Mr. Wallace
>>Rosenquist!" p66
>>"our angel Wally Rosenquist" p75
>
> It's not obvious to me from your post if you know this or not,
>so please forgive me if I'm stating the stupidly obvious.
>Angel is the common accepted term for a theatrical financial
>backer so the usage cited is normal without need for further
>interpretation.
>Granted that this being Wolfe further interpretation at several
>levels is not just possible but almost obligatory.   :)

http://www.urth.org/whorlmap/quetzal.htm
At the link, above I detailed certain connections between inhumi and angels.
Keep in mind that I've barely touched these articles since before reading
"The Book of the Short Sun". As soon as I manage to reconnect with the site
admin, I'll try to correct/edit them.
Mind you, just because WR and the inhumi are both associated with angels
does not make WR an alien posing as or replacing a human. However, given all
the similarities between inhumi and Annese, it shouldn't be ignored either.
J.