(urth) Blood Pudding (was Neighbors as Faeries)

John Watkins john.watkins04 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 17:55:46 PDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 6:55 PM, Chris P <rasputin_ at hotmail.com> wrote:

> > > Chenille became an inhumi? Maybe it's been far too long since
> > >I read the books, but I don't recall that at all.
> >
> > Well, there are doubters about almost everything in a Wolfe novel,
> > isn't there? But there's a scene where Jahlee comes into a bar after
> > feeding on a drunk victim. The Raja hears her voice and thinks she's
> > Chenille. Based on that, I'm convinced that Jahlee's mother fed on
> > Chenille and so Jahlee has her soul within her, just as Sinew's soul
> > is within Krait.
> >
> > Heck, maybe I'm out there alone regarding Krait as well.
> >
> > J.
>
> This may just be an extension of the general problem of identity in the
> books. I don't have a problem with seeing Sinew within Krait, in a sense,
> but the idea that Krait IS Sinew seems off to me. Similarly with Chenille.

Krait has a copy of Sinew's soul, but it's a copy of Sinew's Thomistic soul
from when Sinew was extremely young--they're more like identical twins then
like being "the same person" because Sinew's personality wasn't very
individualized at that point.

Chenille/Jahlee ought to be a little different--Jahlee would have the
personality of Chenille at an adult age, and so effectively be Chenille.