(urth) BSG Spoiler

Jeremy Francis francisj at iinet.net.au
Sun Mar 22 03:14:54 PDT 2009

I doubt they'll have an easier time of it.  Again, I think you underestimate
the power of a centralised population, and overestimate how plentiful
sustenance will be.  They will have a HARDER time of it on Earth than they
did on New Caprica, and New Caprica forced privation on the populace.
Obviously, also, they DON'T congregate, since they're meant to fit into our
history, and a civilised city-state at that point in time would have jumped
humanity forward many, many years.  This is all part of why I think the
finale is ridiculous, by the way.  It's just a huge stretch by the writers.
I liked the series, I liked the character arc conclusions (except for
Anders' and Kara's [not their relationship, I mean them]), but the plot
conclusion I found mind-bogglingly stupid.