(urth) Future Echoes: Hut in the Jungle +

Adam Thornton adam at io.com
Fri Mar 20 09:44:23 PDT 2009

On Mar 20, 2009, at 11:38 AM, Son of Witz wrote:

> "Beside me, Dorcas plucked a water hyacinth and put it in her hair.
> Except for the vague spot of white on the bank some distance ahead,
> it was the first flower I had seen in the Garden of Endless Sleep; I
> looked for others, but saw none. Is it possible the flower came into
> being only because Dorcas reached for it? In daylight moments, I
> know as well as the next that such things are impossible;"

So, it's not hyacinths.

Oh.  Hyacinth.

Um.  Anyway, so, it's not hyacinths, but as long as we're doing
temporally-reversed scenes, how about when the monster drowns the
little girl who's tossing the flower petals into the pool in the
Karloff _Frankenstein_?  Here we have the time reversal where Dorcas
is produced from the pool, and then the flower petals.

I'm probably just seeing spectres.

Adam