(urth) The Politics Of Gene Wolfe

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Tue Mar 17 20:16:20 PDT 2009

Dunno, here in the Hayfork Valley people are heavily armed, and reasonably
polite. Even the hippies are heavily armed and measurably less noxious
than hippies tend to be.

What there is, here, is strikingly little serious crime. We had a murder
two years ago: some tweaker beat his wife to death with a shotgun, so I
guess it was a gun-related murder. The last one before that was thirty
years ago.

.