(urth) Gene Wolfe's Politics

James Crossley ishmael at drizzle.com
Fri Mar 27 21:42:01 PDT 2009

On 3/27/09 8:40 PM, "brunians at brunians.org" <brunians at brunians.org> wrote:

> Not that class warriors were ever swayed by facts, but from
> http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_percentage_of_federal_income_tax_is_paid_by_the
> _wealthy:
>
> Some quick statistics: The top 1% of earners pay 21.20% of all taxes paid
> at an average rate of 24%, the top 2 - 5% of earners pay 14.55% of all
> taxes at an average of 18% (Top 5% pay @36% of all tax) The bottom 50% pay
> 3% of all tax collected at an average rate of 2.98%.

And these facts, divorced from the numbers that explain how much the people
in the various income brackets earn or own, mean what exactly?

Your contributions to this economic "discussion" are so mindless and this
entire exchange is so pointless that I wish you wouldn't feel the need to
reply, actually.  I won't be doing so again myself in the hope that this
thread dies a belated death.

James