(urth) Gene Wolfe's Politics

Adam Thornton adam at io.com
Fri Mar 27 19:31:10 PDT 2009

On Mar 27, 2009, at 8:45 PM, brunians at brunians.org wrote:

> This is why 'raising taxes on the rich' doesn't work, for those of
> you who
> have been paying attention.

Yabbut raising taxes on the poor doesn't help either because they
ain't got no money.

I am of the strong opinion that, rather than inviting the CEOs of the
15 biggest banks in the country to the Oval Office and talking to
them, we should simply hang them from lampposts by their own
intestines as a warning to the others.  It would be much cheaper and
much more effectual in the long--hell, even the medium--run.

Adam