(urth) Future Echoes: Hut in the Jungle +

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 20 19:13:54 PDT 2009

--- On Fri, 3/20/09, David Duffy <David.Duffy at qimr.edu.au> wrote:

No comment on Frank Herbert--I'm in denial about everything
after /Dune Messiah/.

> So, the superpowers are limited by previous and I guess
> future events
> at the given locus, so he can find out of season hyacinths
> at a lake,
> and reanimate someone who was alive at some time, but only
> if they were
> alive at that place the godling is operating from.

This seems reasonable.  However, I'd like to pick a nit.
The water hyacinth (in our universe) isn't a hyacinth;
it's in a different order.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_hyacinth

It's in bloom from early spring to late fall (in the U.S.?
all year in the tropics?).

http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=1&taxon_id=200027394

Jerry Friedman