(urth) Babbie

Son of Witz sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Thu Mar 19 11:41:27 PDT 2009

>-----Original Message-----
>From: David Stockhoff [mailto:dstockhoff at verizon.net]

>Witz, paint us a picture!

ha.
actually, I just finished a painting for SC3's next. I wasn't particularly thrilled on the subject matter, or the style (realistic 70's italian horror movie poster), and wanted to be doing some New Sun stuff, so I tried to fool myself by framing it as a new sun piece. It has an angelic blond and a wicked brunette.  So I just pretended the blond was Dorcas and the Brunette was Agia.

I've got to do a cover for this danish SoundtrackN'Roll band, SPEkTR (not the french black metal band) and they want a 70's 80's PKD style cover, so I'm gonna do my best to make a faux cover for Long Sun. the type of cover it definitely should NOT have, but the type it probably would have gotten if it was cheaply published in the 70's.
SPEkTR is quite fun. perhaps SC3-lite, without the middle eastern stuff.  http://www.myspace.com/spektrscope
If you check it out, I'd suggest skipping the top two "Alt Version" tracks, and go straight to Betonville and the others from "B/W Vs. Technicolor", which I did the packaging for.  I've gotten a lot of mileage out of that album.

~witz