(urth) Babbie

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 10:51:50 PDT 2009

>>Yeah, I don't know.  Could Horn just be Horn?  Why would his parents have
>>bought a special embryo?  I dunno.
>
> I'm with you on that. I don't buy Horns origin as anything other than
>standard issue.  Of course, by the end Horn is not just Horn, but
>you don't need me to point that out I guess.

That route actually works a little if you use the Short Sun = Sol. But I've
seen Marc take such awful thrashings trying to justify the presence of the
Neighbors and inhumi on Urth. It's such an intractable obstacle that I'd
probably want to try a lot of other options before going there.
Horn as Typhon works so nicely at textual and certain thematic levels. But
I'm not prepared at this time to defend it as emphatically as I am that the
Raja was the greenbuck, and Incus is a woman, yet many (most?) people don't
find those things convincing either. So, there ya go.