(urth) Babbie

Son of Witz sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Thu Mar 19 09:13:24 PDT 2009

I wonder if Three Horns should be taken literally.
Literal reading leads us to Babbie as the resolution.
Not sure what to call Wynn's reading, but that leads us away from Babbie, into the idea that the Horns are just a stand in for Souls or Psyches, which is an idea that has some resonance to me.
Could we also read "Horns" as "Whorls" I just thought of this now. He's certainly rode three whorls. Horn, as a sort of hybrid, becomes a beast (especially if he's a Neighbor) who has a soul from Blue(Neighbor), a soul from The Whorl Starcrosser (Silk) and a soul from the Red Sun Whorl (Typhon/Pas)  Something like that.  I'm not trying to stand behind this idea, just throwing it out there as I think it.

also:
The seeming death in the pit is problematic.  But isn't it just as feasible to think that it took those three days for the Neighbors to heal Horn?  I mean, Babbie and Seawrack's assumption that he was dead isn't much to go on. Seawrack is naive, and what the hell does Babbie know? She doesn't say,"It looked like you were broken." I imagine this naive humanoid and this animal sitting at the pit, unable/unwilling to climb down, watching Horn not move for several hours, and made an assumption.

~witz