(urth) The Politics Of Gene Wolfe

Tim Walters walters at doubtfulpalace.com
Thu Mar 19 08:37:24 PDT 2009

Jeff Wilson wrote:

> then "Less than half the per capita gun ownership of the U.S." can't be
> true

Guns per capita, U.S.: 0.9 (my original link,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_countries_by_gun_ownership)

Guns per capita, Switzerland, including Army guns in private homes: 0.4
(high figure from your link)

Guns per capita, Switzerland, presumably including Army guns in private
homes: 0.46 (from my original link again--slightly more than half, my bad)

What part of this can't be true?

Maybe you're thinking of "gun owners per capita" rather than "guns per
capita"? The former would also be interesting info, but I don't know if
anyone's measured it, and I don't have time to look right now.

--

Tim Walters | The Doubtful Palace | http://doubtfulpalace.com