(urth) An Actual Wolfe Question

Tim Walters walters at doubtfulpalace.com
Wed Mar 18 15:23:40 PDT 2009

>>> Inviting the question as to the best living writer in other English
>>> dialects,
>>> which is a much more interesting conversation than more gun talk . . .

No way have I read enough Scots lit to have an opinion on who's "best",
but I really like Alasdair Gray and James Kelman in the Scottish and
Extremely Scottish divisions, respectively. I'll qualify the Kelman
recommendation with the caveat that I've only read one of his books
(_Greyhound For Breakfast_).

On the American side, I think Kelly Link is doing work that ranks with
Wolfe's best.

--
Tim Walters | http://doubtfulpalace.com