(urth) The Politics Of Gene Wolfe

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Wed Mar 18 11:17:07 PDT 2009

> He doesn't want dumbass kids and or gangbangers breaking into his house
> and stealing his guns.

Of course criminals, by definition, aren't very bright, but why would one
choose to break into a house where one knew that the residents were armed?
Even if you went with overwhelming force, you have to assume that at least
one or two of you are going to die.

If they go when he is not there, I guess I am assuming that he stores his
weapons properly when he is not home. So what do the kiddies do if they
are not professional safecrackers (there are almost none of these around
anymore)? Bring a forklift and a flatbed trailer?

I suppose that if you are in one of those states that make you store the
guns in one safe and the bullets in another and so on they might figure
they can get in before you can arm yourself. Dummy you for following the
stupid law. Everyone I have ever known who has been home invaded knew that
it was likely to happen, and really had no one to blame but themselves if
they weren't carrying when it did happen.

Most gang members are into selling dope, not burglarizing. There's some
mafia types who do hijacking and such. These are high-end criminals,
though it would be an exagerration in many cases to call them intelligent.

.