(urth) The Politics Of Gene Wolfe

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Wed Mar 18 09:09:15 PDT 2009

> If I may, it is threads like these that make me wish Urth had a 'List
> Sniper' along the lines of SL4's List Sniper: someone empowered to
> official declare a thread dead, and to enforce it by moderation &
> bans.

The world is divided into two sorts of people: those who like to manage
the affairs of others and those who do not.

> In this case, the thread has degenerated into boring and poorly-done
> discussions of a dozen topics in politics & ethics & sociology which
> have nothing to do with Gene Wolfe, and can only exasperate or
> embitter people.

In your opinion. In mine it has been a reasonably good natured discussion
of a difficult subject which happens to be important to Wolfe and an
important theme in his writing. If you feel exasperated or embittered, may
I recommend that you undertake the practice described in Epictetus
'Handbook': http://classics.mit.edu/Epictetus/epicench.html is not the
best translation, but it will get you started. It has really helped me.

.