(urth) The Politics Of Gene Wolfe

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Wed Mar 18 08:24:25 PDT 2009

I generally agree with you. But it is known that guns make IMPERSONAL killing easier and therefore, under the right conditions (the conditions being of greater importance) more common across the same situations.

You'll have fewer gratuitous shootings of mugging victims after they have handed over their wallets, for example. So it is a factor.

And there's also the matter of accidental deaths, of course, but that is also affected by gun experience. Which experience has generally been lost in the US with the demise of farming.

Message: 10