(urth) The Politics Of Gene Wolfe

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Wed Mar 18 06:57:43 PDT 2009

>>> That's exactly what the right is for, to have guns accumulated
>>> ahead of
>>> time. The tyrant can declare it taken away, but he can't enforce it
>>> universally. Who will conduct the billions of building searches to
>>> find
>>> everywhere that hundreds of millions of firearms and trillions of
>>> rounds
>>> of ammunition might be hidden?
>>
>> They are trying to teach helplessness to his generation. Why prepare
>> fight if you've already lost ahead of time? Just do what they say.
>
> ok, now I see why you asked?
> how old do you think I am?

I would have said, maybe, twenty-five.

> many of my close peers have always favored a revolution.

No surprise there.

> I'm NOT, by arguing that we should do nothing. I'm saying an armed
> revolt would be pretty easily quashed.

Really? What is your evidence for this?

How many armed revolts have been 'quashed' in the past hundred years or
so? The Russian one? No, the Bolsheviks took over Russia for seventy
years. The German one? No, the Nazis took over Germany and gave us all a
pretty good run for our money.

OK, technically the Nazis used the democratic process to take power. How
about the Chinese one? Chinese government still in power I see. Maybe the
Vietnamese one?

Perhaps the Yugoslavs? No again! They took over Yugoslavia, gosh darn it,
for a good fifty years!

.