(urth) The Politics Of Gene Wolfe

Son of Witz sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Wed Mar 18 06:52:54 PDT 2009

On Mar 18, 2009, at 6:46 AM, brunians at brunians.org wrote:

>>> But how can this be? It is basically illegal to own a weapon in San
>>> Francisco.
>
>>> How old are you, man?
>
>> I'm 34. why?
>
> That's a surprise.
>
>> and legal, illegal. meh. it's obviously pretty easy for people to get
>> guns if they want one.
>
> So why do you want to pass laws against them? It would be terribly
> inconvenient for me and a lot of other people. You don't like me or
> something? You got beef? I owe you money?
>
> If you acknowledge that the laws are meaningless, why insist upon
> having
> them?

Woah. I didn't say I wanted to pass laws.
I only said I was conflicted about the issue, and that my younger pre-
programmed bias for gun control has slowly eroded.
I don't know what the proper thing to do is, which is probably why I'm
not in politics, or involved with the issue at all, other than an
occasional discussion that helps me sort this stuff out.

how old did you think I was? do I come off like some whippersnapper?

and YOWZA!  84 posts between signing off last night and logging in
this morning.

~witz