(urth) The Politics Of Gene Wolfe

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Tue Mar 17 10:18:50 PDT 2009

Pedro writes:

> Well, beying an european, I'm going to abstain from commenting on the
> particulars of your constitution and on your (US) views of this matter.
> After all, the "Wild West" is too fresh on your mind and culture and it's
> probably normal that these matters raise certain "passions" among US
> citizens.

Perhaps you would like to comment on the process of disarmament as it has
taken place in Europe: of course you are aware that a hundred years ago
anyone with sufficient funds could purchase a firearm in most European
countries with a minimum of fuss, and that currently legal use of firearms
is restricted to the employees of the various governments. How did it get
to be that way? Why did it it get to be that way? What was the process by
which it got to be that way?

.