(urth) Seawrack's Name

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 05:34:37 PDT 2009

      >I'm in the middle of a very slow, hopefully thorough re-re-read of the SS series
      >..I'll be hitting y'all up with sme thoughts & questions soon...but I agree I like the
      >Syrex connesction but believe GW made it clear it was an unpronouncable word
      >in a totally alien language..

      For record, (although I like the choice of Syrinx on a lot of levels) a literal transcription an pronunciation of Syrinx's name would be "Surigx". Not all that different from the pronunciation of the name of the goddess Sphigx.

      I doubt the name, whatever it is, was intended to some made-up alien name. Its just not Wolfe's way.