(urth) The Wonders of Urth and Sky

Milton Jackson miltonwjackson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 14:53:16 PDT 2009

I just had a wild thought while readin Starwater Strains: Does anyone know
if Wolfe would write all the stories that are supposed to appear in The
Wonders of Urth and Sky? I know The Boy Who Hooked the Sun and Empires of
Foliage and Flower are supposed to be outtakes from the book, and there may
be others although I'm not nearly done with all Wolfe's short fiction, so I
can't be sure. To me if Wolfe were to do a thematic book like that and
commit to paper all the stories that appear in the book that helps shape
Severian, that would be the perfect companion piece to The Book of the New
Sun.