(urth) Auk's dimber tip to all flash coves

Matthew Keeley matthew.keeley.1 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 09:32:35 PDT 2009

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Gwern Branwen<gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> By token of their obscurity, aren't they appropriate for such a lexicon?
>
> (But looking mews and limes up in my newly arrived _Lexicon Urthus_
> 2nd edition, I see no entries. How disappointing!)
>
> --
> gwern

I think "mews" is much less obscure in other parts of the world. In
Ireland at least there were lots of places with "mews" in the name and
lots of very nice converted stables called "mews." If I were writing a
lexicon, I'd probably leave it out. This would be a mistake.

The stuff about limers is definitely more obscure though. Unless
you've read lots of Victorian fiction.

-Matt