(urth) Ansible Interview

Jordon Flato jordonflato at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 12:42:25 PST 2009

That is still pretty much how I see it too.  I could imagine the spiral if
it was a reaaaaaaaaly long spiral so that for any siginficant portion of the
Whirl, it seemed much like the lampshade paradigm that seems supported very
often by the text (these thin strips of sun appearing, etc.)

I don't think there can be any doubt, from the evidence, that the shade
rotates (or the Whorl rotates round it!!!) north south.  But if the
East/West spiral was long enough, you might get the lampshade effect but
still have some distant 'time zone' effect.