(urth) Silk corrupted?

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Thu Jan 22 13:34:32 PST 2009

Oh, come on. Christ has had a dual nature only since the Nicene Creed of 325!

Seriously, you could just as well be describing the Monophysite or Arian Christs as Severian and Silk. Let's recall that you aren't comparing a real thing to a fictional thing. You are comparing fictional things to one another. As far as I can see, THEY ARE ALL CHRISTS. Wolfe's religion is secondary, because he could be holding up heretical Christs to compare them to the Chalcedonic Christ. We know his personal preference. So what?

THEY ARE ALL CHRISTS. Even if he is deliberately showing us only how partial they are---which I do not believe.

And this is true regardless of your religious beliefs, aside from Bible fundamentalist Bible literalism.

Just saying.

Message: 3