(urth) Fantasy Casting Thread

Son of Witz sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Thu Jan 15 11:12:00 PST 2009

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes [mailto:danldo at gmail.com]

>I got your Severian right here.
>
>Haley Joel Osmont.
>
>No, think about it, seriously.

You know, I laughed, but it's not such a bad suggestion, once I found an older picture.

>>> John Hurt as Autarch?  too manly.
>>
>> Did you see the Naked Civil Servant (in which he played Quentin Crisp), or
>> (and this was the one I was thinking of) _I, Claudius_, in in which he
>> played Caligula.  He can *do* swishy.
>>
>> Adam

I haven't seen those. probably should.

>Jimmy Stewart would make a great Silk.  Just dye his hair blond.
>
>Here are some Long Sun nominees.  Imagine them at the appropriate age.
>

>Chenille               Raquel Welch
>Maytera Mint       Grace Kelly
>Maytera Marble    Kathy Bates
>Maytera Rose      Bette Davis
>Crane                  Edward G. Robinson
>Blood                 James Gandolfini
>Musk                 Sal Mineo
>Auk                    Anthony Quinn
>Hyacinth            Elizabeth Taylor
>Quetzal            Mr. Burns from The Simpsons
>Oreb      Heckle and/or Jeckle

>Best wishes,
>
>Jack

Good Suggestions.
Raquel Welch, perfect.
so are Gandolfini and Mineo.
I agree about Grace Kelly being too glamourous. (God how I love to look at her though. probably my all time starlet.)

Great suggestion. unorthodox, but perfect.

thanks.
~witz