(urth) Calde of the Long Sun and Learning to Read Wolfe

Craig Brewer cnbrewer at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 09:42:37 PST 2009

> You don't suppose there is a theocratic component when it's sanctioned by the charter?  I guess it need not be.
> and yeah, I had that same feeling that it could not be emperor.

I don't remember there being any official theocratic overtone to the position. But of course "Silk for Calde" was scrawled on the wall because rumor of his enlightenment got around (at least according to Horn).

And some other cities in Short Sun (no spoilers) have "Calde" as well (and also "Duko"), so mayor is the closest analogue.

Craig