(urth) Gideon

David Duffy David.Duffy at qimr.edu.au
Tue Jan 13 18:00:30 PST 2009

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009, Dave Tallman wrote:

  - SNIPPING much on Margeret as Cassie -

> Margaret herself and her message would
> have to be "accounted for in some other way." Unlike Ignacio, she was
> fighting against destiny.

I have reread Margaret's lines, and haven't spotted any dead giveaways.  I
might push my barrow, with Cassie as Guinevere.  Wikipedia has:

When Arthur goes to France to fight Lancelot, he leaves Guinevere in the
care of Mordred [King Kanoa], who plots to marry the queen himself and
take Arthur's throne. In some versions Guinevere assents to Mordred's
proposal, but in others, she hides in the Tower of London and then takes
refuge in a convent. Hearing of the treachery, Arthur returns to Britain
and slays Mordred at Camlann [Oh all right, doesn't quite work here], but
his wounds are so severe that he is taken to the isle of Avalon. Guinevere
meets Lancelot one last time, then returns to the convent where she spends
the remainder of her life [As MB, she now attends church and sings in the
choir].

We're told that Reis is also _raised_ in the same way Cassie is.  I have a
feeling that the only problem with becoming a mythic figure is that you
become particularly prone to reenacting traditional stories.

David Duffy.

PS Does anyone think that _Rays_ might own the Sun-Tribunal?