(urth) The Inhumi Inigma

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Fri Jan 23 05:41:58 PST 2009

J Jankiewicz
> Well gawsh I did read BotSS but apparently missed that key fact. Sigh, time to read them again!  Well, continue please. WHY would the neighbors do this or even know of the Whorl? It wasn't that obvious in BotSS was it?

The Neighbors knew of the Whorl because it arrived at its destination
(the Short Sun system, containing the planets Blue and Green) over 33
years before the start of BotLS. Due to a revolution among the Whorl
"gods" there was no unloading as ordained in the Plan of Pas.  The
Neighbors moved around freely in the Short Sun system and elsewhere
using astral projection, so they had the opportunity to visit and check
out the Whorl. They inserted some inhumi to see how inhumi who fed on
humans differed from the ones who fed on Neighbors.