(urth) BoTNS makes the Guardian's Top 1000

Matthew Keeley matthew.keeley.1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 20:58:03 PST 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Tim Walters
<walters at doubtfulpalace.com> wrote:
> The Guardian (UK) has published a list of 1000 "books that everyone should
> read," and BoTNS made the SF section:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/dfk9dz
>
> The list is a bit Anglocentric, and (perhaps for that reason) leaves off
> some writers (Disch, Crowley, Le Guin) that I would consider to be
> no-brainers; but at least most of the books on it are, in fact, quite
> good, which isn't always the case with such lists.
>
> --
> Tim Walters | http://doubtfulpalace.com

Disch makes Moorcock's list of dystopias, while Le Guin makes Susanna
Clarke's segment on "imagined worlds".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/jan/22/1000-novels-fiction-fantasy-dystopias
http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/jan/22/o-novels-science-fiction-fantasy-books

-Matt