(urth) Silk corrupted?

Steve McCann steve2mccann at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 15:58:15 PST 2009

I'm not sure if the answers to the original query constitutes a shit storm,
but I guess it will do until one gets here.

But back to the original question, is Wolfe indicating that Silk recognizes
his own corruption in Book 4 of BotLS? (specifically the trip to mainframe?)
Is this what causes his apparent depression? The more I think about it, the
more I like the theme of corruption in the series:

Muccor corrupted by Blood
Silk corrupted by Hyacinth
The councilors corrupted by their mechanical avatars
etc. etc.

Just curious.
-s