(urth) Shape of the Whorl

Matthew Keeley matthew.keeley.1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 19:41:50 PST 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Craig Brewer <cnbrewer at yahoo.com> wrote:

> To take this even further, if it's oblong, valley shadows might be more probable since the Long Sun wouldn't always be *directly* overhead, but at more of an angle. (Assuming, of course, that the interior curves along both axes...but I get the feeling that I'm starting to think too much.)
>
> Craig

I think it would look more or less cylindrical from the inside; the
various bumps and protrusions on the outside of the asteroid might be
hollowed out as well, but they might house parts of the Whorl's
"plumbing" - the reservoirs mentioned in the text, clone storage, etc.
You could also use some irregularities in the hollowed Whorl to create
valleys and lakes I suppose.

-Matt