(urth) 3rd Cue's a Charm?

Steven mcquaryq at comcast.net
Sun Jan 18 15:29:48 PST 2009

On Jan 18, 2009, at 3:34 AM, Greg Jenkins wrote:

> Odd wording by nsymr asking for a quarter: "I wonder if you Denebians
> could stake ME to twenty-five cents instead of the other way around?"
> An image of being staked (crucified) comes to mind.  In response to
> this,
> BB1 begins to "think sexy".  Perverted thoughts of pleasure at the
> idea of
> crucifying nsymr?

A second customer has entered the room.  It's she, not BB1, who wants
to 'think sexy.'  BB1 has taken an inventory of her mind.  There's no
sex change in the BBs.  The nsymr is the first customer.

I bed your pardon mirrors or reverses the name deneb.  Which I always
thought, given the context of the word, could mean something like de
nada.

I see the story as obviously Faustian.

My question:  What is the significance of the story starting in the
title word?  So that the body of the story begins with the question
mark?  Simply a foreshadowing of the many questions raised?

Steven Bowen
http://bowenfinearts.com/